Re: [opensuse] Reading LTO cartridge memory
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 07:37:07 +0200
Paul Groves wrote:

I have read up about it and apparently you can read /write the data by
issuing SCSI commands. I would not have a clue how to do this.

look up CRCM2159.pdf from HP I would add a link to the file but I
cannot because the mail list refuses it.

Um, there's nothing that prevents links being added/sent, but with the
name, google also easily found it:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21407_01/en/CRCM2159/CRCM2159.pdf

I'm not aware of any way for the host server to ask the LTO drive for
info originating there, nor to provide data to write there.

There must be a way because several backup programs can do it.

If any of those are open source, that's where to find out.

I would offer a guess and say some scsi command to /dev/sgX, a bit a la
mtx.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.4°C)