Re: [opensuse] Apache Start Up Problem

On 10/09/17 22:22, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-09-09 14:05, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-09-08 18:35, Per Jessen wrote:
Paul Groves wrote:

What is the difference between the apache service loading at boot
compared to manually starting the service?
Assuming by "manually starting the service" you mean "systemctl start
apache2", there should be no difference.
Well, yes, there is one: during boot, some other needed service may
not have started yet. Later on, they are all running, hopefully.
In principle yes, in practice a vanilla Apache doesn't need any other
service. The way Paul describes the issue, it is as if Apache comes
with two different configs. If the vhosts config directory was NFS
mounted ....
Some filesystem that mounts via network, or perhaps encryption... :-?
There is only one filesystem. root on an SSD. Nothing is mounted to this server.

Some of the large data directories I serve to my local network are in an
external (usb3) drive that is also encrypted.