[opensuse] Accessing/checking an Ext4 file system
In days of old when unicorns gambolled in gay abandon in lush meadows
and I wanted to check the state of the ext4 file system on my system I
would, using the command line, issue the following commands (as root [I
hate this word!]):

# init 1

# mount -o remount,ro /dev/hdXY

# e2fsck

and this would inform me if the file system was alright or corrupted.

The above now does not work and I get the error message, "<partition> is
busy".

What are the correct commands now, please, which replace those above?

BC

--
You are NOT entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your
INFORMED opinion. Nobody is entitled to be ignorant.