Re: [opensuse] Plasmashell and Firefox freezing if started within five minutes of log-in
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 20:44:35 +0200
Hi,

Am Freitag, 8. September 2017, 09:49:04 CEST schrieb Dave Plater:
On 08/09/2017 09:08, Matthias Bach wrote:
Am Freitag, 8. September 2017, 01:03:56 CEST schrieb Matthias Bach:
Since todays set of updates for openSUSE Leap 42.3, which seems to have
included kernels and Systemd updates, my plasmashell will fail to fully
load after log-in. [...]

The same issue happens for Firefox. If started within the first five
minutes after log-in the window will come up, but it won't load any tabs
and I can't interact with it. Once roughly five minutes have passed I
can start it and it works as usual.

I have now also tried this with a different user and IceWM. Same behaviour
as described shows for Firefox and Gimp. Also, while IceWM seems to work
fine the logout won't work.

Kind Regards,
Matthias

I have firefox started as part of my saved plasma5 session. I've just
updated and restarted and everything is functioning normally. I've got
intel integrated graphics, maybe it's something related to your graphics?

I have NVIDIA. But as the NVIDIA driver didn't change and e.g. Steam works
perfectly even before Firefox and plasmashell come up it think the graphics
driver is unrelated.

Today I actually logged in before getting the kids to back, and when I came
back plasmashell had actually come up fully. So it seems it doesn't get stuck
permanently, but kick-starting seems to shorten the cycle.

Kind Regards,
Matthias
--
Dr. Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke
< Previous Next >