Re: [opensuse] cant log into other desktop
  • From: Carl Spitzer <lynux@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 06:11:56 -0700

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 21:26 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 09/07/2017 05:04 PM, Carl Spitzer wrote:
not sure what changed but my laptop being old is still running 11.4

I can only log in and use gnome none of the other desktops.

what has become corrupted I cleaned out /tmp but nothing helps.

Do you mean normal login or login via ssh? IIRC the ssh update since 11.4 now
disables dsl keys (in favor of ecdsl or rsa) now. If it is an ssh issue, then
make sure you are not trying to use dsl keys on 11.4 (I don't think it has
ecdsl, so regen with rsa)

No its a laptop a DV6000 and some of the desktops can be logged into as
root but not all so its not entirely permissions. In any case I did not
change anything.

I checked permissions in /usr/bin all 755 rwxr-xr-x

Ditto for kde3

opensuse 11.4 but then its an old laptop and the Dell has no such problems.
not sure where to look it trys to log in then immediately jumps out to the log
in screen

CWSIV