Re: [opensuse] Apache Start Up Problem

On 08/09/17 17:35, Per Jessen wrote:
Paul Groves wrote:

I had a weird problem today. I noticed that after a reboot of my
server, my owncloud instance on my desktop was complaining about an
invalid certificate. I tried to 'open owncloud in browser' and was
presented with my apache default page.

So first thing I tried is restart the apache service. This fixed the
problem. However, every time I reboot apache is not loading my
configuration correctly and the problem repeats.

It appears to be loading the default configuration file fine at boot
but ignoring the other files. (including owncloud). But when I
manually stop and start the service they load fine. Huh??

Any idea how I can diagnose what is causing this problem?

What is the difference between the apache service loading at boot
compared to manually starting the service?
Assuming by "manually starting the service" you mean "systemctl start
apache2", there should be no difference.
systemctl start apache2 or service apache2 start

How does a service load at boot? I do not understand how it can be missing a configuration file on load.