Re: [opensuse] Leap 42.3
On 2017-09-08 20:22, John Andersen wrote:
On 09/08/2017 07:03 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I think systemd-coredump should be improved: initially dump without
compression. Later, after dumping, compress just one file at a time, in
background. If a process dumps repeatedly, because it is started again
and again, don't dump.

Isn't that what you get when you set in /etc/systemd/coredump.conf
that storage is external and compression is off?

I don't know what "external" means, but I guess it means "inside the log
or outside" (man confirms). Compression can be set to off, yes. And they
are deleted in a week by default.

But there is no adjustment possible when something dies and restarts
repeatedly: kills all CPU cores.

Also, there is no choice of compressor or options, like use the fastest
method, nor of a filter to not collect the coredump of some processes.

I have a process that sometimes crashes and dump core, sometimes huge,
and the CPU is busy for many minutes; during this time I can not start
it again, and I need the process.

The most I can do is disable compression.

These will still be cleaned by systemd-tmpfiles wouldn't they?

Yes.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.