Re: [opensuse] Plasmashell and Firefox freezing if started within five minutes of log-in
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 09:08:58 +0200
Hi all,

Just wanted to make one small addendum to my described issue.

Am Freitag, 8. September 2017, 01:03:56 CEST schrieb Matthias Bach:
Since todays set of updates for openSUSE Leap 42.3, which seems to have
included kernels and Systemd updates, my plasmashell will fail to fully load
after log-in. [...]

The same issue happens for Firefox. If started within the first five minutes
after log-in the window will come up, but it won't load any tabs and I
can't interact with it. Once roughly five minutes have passed I can start
it and it works as usual.

I have now also tried this with a different user and IceWM. Same behaviour as
described shows for Firefox and Gimp. Also, while IceWM seems to work fine the
logout won't work.

Kind Regards,
Matthias
--
Dr. Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke