Re: [opensuse] WD Green AV HD: rsync read errors mapping

On 08/09/2017 02:06, Felix Miata wrote:
Smartctl man page is an abomination. It's so big I can't find anything about
background/foreground/progress. I tried

smartctl --test=long -t offline /dev/sdg

and it tells me it can only run one test at a time. How can I run it in
foreground and have it report progress?
You're right the man page has become unreadable since I last used it. I think the foreground option is -C --captive but AFAIR it doesn't show anything useful apart from when it exits. You can use either -c or
"-l selftest" to get the progress of the selftest.
I see that the bulk of Harvey hits on Sunday, you're in my thoughts.
Dave P