Re: [opensuse] WD Green AV HD: rsync read errors mapping
On 2017-09-07 15:28, Felix Miata wrote:

We can investigate whether knowing the LBA we can find what file is
affected. What filesystem is it?

EXT3.

https://www.smartmontools.org/browser/trunk/www/badblockhowto.xml#rfile

Now it's several hours into

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb1 bs=32768

Then no point in the above, but you should read it, anyway.

And give dd 1 MB size at least (one track).

which reports no progress state.

status=LEVEL
The LEVEL of information to print to stderr; 'none'
suppresses everything but error messages, 'noxfer' suppresses the final
transfer statistics, 'progress' shows periodic transfer statistics

# smartctl -x /dev/sdb | grep rent_Pending reports

197 Current_Pending_Sector -O--CK 200 200 000 - 0

so what needed doing seems to have been done already, but I plan to let dd run
to completion before beginning restore process.

Don't forget to run "smartctl --test=long /dev/sdb".

And later make sure the smartd daemon is enabled to run weekly at least
the short test.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.