Re: [opensuse] DOO mirror trouble debilitating
Patrick Shanahan composed on 2017-09-06 22:47 (UTC-0400):

* Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-06-17 22:43]:
NAICT, the immediate problem has its roots in the "type" line in each .repo
file. I saw something about this subject recently on one of the opensuse
mailing
lists, but have no idea which list or what the context was, and can't
remember
enough info for a search to find between zero and an infinite number of hits
on
lists.opensuse.org.

Examining the content of these files, these are the possible types:

yast2
rpm-md
none

iirc, the types changed to "rpm-md"

but I haven't bothered to change my repos to particular mirror sites.

You're using TW, right? I don't think the breakage is the same for Leap.
Changing the types doesn't help. Usually the error message is the same:

File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found on medium 'http://....

But trying to use DOO with an original file:

[openSUSE-Leap-42.3-0]
name=openSUSE-Leap-42.3-0
enabled=1
autorefresh=1
baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.3/repo/oss
path=/
type=yast2
keeppackages=0

I get this instead:

Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-Leap-42.3-0' metadata
...........................................................[error]
Repository 'openSUSE-Leap-42.3-0' is invalid.
[openSUSE-Leap-42.3-0|http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.3/repo/oss]
Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Please check if the URIs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid
repository.
Skipping repository 'openSUSE-Leap-42.3-0' because of the above error.

Maybe whatever changed requires a path that is not /, but, given no rpm owns
them, and none for optional repos include a path= line, I don't have any idea
where to look for an explanation of .repo file content.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/