[opensuse] Problem installing openSUSE Leap 42.3 on Acer Aspire ES 15 in dual boot with Windows
At first I tried to install openSUSE Leap 42.3 with UEFI enabled in the BIOS.
I was able to boot from an USB stick and installed it on the disk. However
this system when booting only used the Windows boot system, so I never saw
GRUB2. The Boot page in BIOS shows a list of devices to boot from, first the
USB HDD, second the disk, third Windows Boot System, but with the USB device
removed only Windows Boot System is used.
Choosing Boot from Disk using the USB stick gives an error message, which I
searched for with Google, but I did find, discussions, however not a solution.

After that I went for Legacy BIOS and now I get the GRUB2 boot screen, however
without the possibility to boot Windows.

Changing back to UEFI in the BIOS gives me only Windows again.
Changing to Legacy in BIOS gives me GRUB2 and only Leap.
It is some kind of dual boot, but not the desired one.

Any suggestions?

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE