Re: [opensuse] WD Green AV HD: rsync read errors mapping
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 20:13:15 -0400

The we go that 'semiconductor' memory that lost it contents when you turned
the
power off and people like you said how useless that was. Next along came
memory
that forgot after a few seconds anyway so there had to be extra hardware to
refresh each 'row' periodically. I had a Z-80 based board with memory like
that.

Since this is already way offtopic, have you seen the trick of
freezing the RAM to keep it from degrading:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDaicPIgn9U

A great tool for sophisticated thiefs!

And the tools are cheap unfortunately.

Greg