Re: [opensuse] root login to kde 4 - why
On 2017-09-01 15:36, Neil Rickert wrote:
On 08/31/2017 06:44 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Yes, I can use a user GUI, then start several xterms as root, but
that /may/ need typing the password several times, which is a
nuisance.

I don't understand this.

I open one xterm as root. And maybe I move that to the top left of
screen to help me remember which is which.

Then I do:
( xterm & )

in that xterm window to open another xterm, with no additional
password required.

Yes, I know that trick. That's why I sad "maybe" ;-)

Then I may need to start GUI tools, like for instance, gparted. I
need them to run as root, so again, password. This is another
nuisance.

So I do:
( gparted & )
in that first xterm window, and I get the gparted GUI with no
additional password required.

Meaning that I have to remember the name of the command, and not use the
menu ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.