Re: [opensuse] 42.3 - Konqueror doesn't open to home directory
* James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> [09-01-17 10:17]:
On 07/28/2017 11:24 AM, James Knott wrote:
On 07/28/2017 11:06 AM, michael norman wrote:
On 28/07/17 15:42, James Knott wrote:
how would they know that *you* rely on that feature?

file an enhancement request or a bug report.
Why would they take away something useful that's been around for years?
There's still a sidebar in Dolphin, as well as in Windows. Must be
others that think it's useful.

They don't appear to "know" who relies on what feature. A lot of
people of whom I am one expect Konqueror to work as a file manager
because that is and has been for a long time our choice. Why does it
not do that as default now ? If we are all expected to use Dolphin and
not Konqueror where does that leave choice ?

I also prefer Konqueror to Dolphin and don't understand why they broke it.

I just found another new "feature". The bookmarks I had saved in
Konqueror are gone. Don't you just "love" devs that show such a blatant
disregard for users.

with all the problems you present here, are you sure you have not altered
your system to the point that you have lost "features" rather than the
developers deliberately with blatant disregard removing your bookmarks.

fwiw: I have not "lost" my bookmarks in konqueror but am on Tw.