Re: [opensuse] Backup, archive or what, using the same tools
On 01/09/17 08:54, Dave Plater wrote:

On 31/08/2017 17:50, Greg Freemyer wrote:
There are other archival backup solutions. I often have seen lawyers
simply put data on a USB drive and put that in a safe. I'm not sure
that is a great solution, but it certainly is one that is used
frequently.
Just for interest, eeprom spec taken from a PIC data sheet I just
happened to have open:
Data retention without
refresh is conservatively estimated to be greater
than 40 years.
So I should imagine that the same would apply to usb drives.

No.

You may well be right, but eeproms are physically much larger than
modern chips (the transistors etc, that is). Charge leakage is now a
major problem due to the shrinkage of the die.

Cheers,
Wol