Re: [opensuse] Google repos
On 2017-09-01 08:44, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Is the information on this page about Google repos correct?

https://en.opensuse.org/Additional_package_repositories

The link is to a web page and not to a repo:
https://www.google.com/linuxrepositories/

A web page with links and explanations, but not the direct repo links, yes.

Google packages are diffferent. The procedure they want is you to
download the package from the download site. The rpm installs a cronjob
that in turns add the repo to the same package every time the cronjob
runs, which is why they don't list the address of the repo directly.

Is a bit absurd.

This information is also missing from our page, it could be added. Also,
information on how to disable those cronjobs (no, a remove them doesn't
work).

I have found Chrome here: http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64

And Earth here: http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/rpm/stable/x86_64

Maybe that is more useful info on the Additional_package_repositories page?

It is wiki, you can edit it ;-)

I would leave the main google page there, as link to info, and below it
the known actual repositories.

However, there is a wiki mail list. ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,