Re: [opensuse] Are many 42.2 related (not 'official') repositories often out of sync with each other?
On 2017-06-30 14:47, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 14:07:12 +0200
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

26 Repos? Why? This way your breaking everything that was tested
thoroughly to give a stable experience. FWIW home: and devel: repos
are meant to break stuff ( and fix it ), not for production use.

If you want the latest and greatest, Tumbleweed should be your
choice.

For managing mutliple machines, f.e. add a repo on all machines in
one command, have a look at salt(stack). This one f.e. updates a
Centos and 4 openSUSE (2 Leap, 2 TW ) machines in one go:
salt '*' pkg.upgrade

I had the same initial reaction once I'd finished enumerating them :)

But, of course, that number includes an alternate (refresh only) and
several added automatically but not enabled:

Seeing the list, it is not really excessive. You are using mostly
specific repos for things that are only there: nvidia, cinelerra,
packman... And some repos to keep some stuff more recent, like Wine.
Some of the number are disabled, so they don't really count.

To reiterate: I am not seeking help for a 'broken' system. I'm seeking
a way to automate or semi-automate the synchronization of the two
installed systems.

There is no automated way.

It would be the same set of tools as needed to replicate an installation
on same or another machine. There are tools to save rpm package list and
load it again (in YaST), but they do not consider where the rpms come
from. It is what would be needed to reconstruct a machine in case of
rebuild, too.

And it is not easy to generate a list of repo/package list, because
there is no way to query they rpm database and know from which repo a
package comes. You need some code to relate vendor strings to repos instead.

Thanks for your interest & regards,

Welcome :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,