Re: [opensuse] Re: KDE locks up on 42.2
* James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> [06-30-17 12:47]:
[...]
That seems to be working. Now if only something could be done about
having to restart plasma shell so often.
have you tried to determine the cause?
have you filed a bug report describing your experience?
do you hope someone else can determine your problem w/o access to your
machine and no hints besides you saying plasma crashes?

Actually, yes. I discussed this a couple of months back and, IIRC,
there was a bug report. Someone here provided some commands to restart
plasma shell. I put them in a script that I run when necessary.

so spend some of your time and help others help you.

what bug report #
discussed?

restarting plasmashell is a work-a-round, somewhat like a round tuit. you
have a problem, provide information about when it happens, what is
running, what seems to make it happen, what *you* have tried that helps or
does not help.