Re: [opensuse] Are many 42.2 related (not 'official') repositories often out of sync with each other?
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 12:55:44 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-06-29 12:34, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:25:00 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

abiword-docs-3.0.1-31.2.noarch

You have not updated both machines the same day and hour.

Thank you, Carlos!

In this case the systems are side-by-side.

Even then, it does not prove that the updates were done at the same
time nor that the repos are exactly the same.

You could run "zypper lr --details" on both and post both results.

Thank you, Carlos :) but that's way too much information to post to the
list. There are 26 repos configured on each system and 'side by side'
was meant in a literal sense. I confirmed and added them, as needed,
to the second system while reading them off the main system -- so I know
for a fact that the configured repositories are identical.

What's happened in this case is the main system's software inventory has
expanded 'organically' as I've used it. This included investigating
alternative repositories and installing newer versions of software which
are compatible with the main installation and adding and updating them
individually. Now I'm finding it's quite a slog to retrace those steps
on the second system, and this is why I've asked if there's an automated
or semi-automated way of accomplishing this.

I do appreciate your interest! :)

Carl