[opensuse] Services not started after update/reboot
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 12:59:01 +0100

Hi List,

Last night I updated our server (Mail, Homedirs etc.).
It is running Leap 42.2. The ones I did so far went smooth: Zypper up, then
reboot. Not this time:

The system rebooted fine, but all client machines were dead because they
didn't get the NFS directories: systemd had decided to not start nfs-server,
although it is enabled :o

So it's not that it tried to start and failed with an error. The first
mention of it in the logs was when I manually started it.

This morning I found out that the same had happened to postfix: enabled, but
not started during reboot.

Has anyone seen a similar issue lately, or has some suggestions how to find
out why that happened?

Pit

--
Dr. Peter "Pit" Suetterlin http://www.astro.su.se/~pit