Re: [opensuse] Are many 42.2 related (not 'official') repositories often out of sync with each other?
Carl Hartung composed on 2017-06-27 23:09 (UTC-0400):
.
I'm prepping a fallback Leap 42.2 system to substitute for my daily
workhorse during it's 'vacation' in the shop for a warranty repair.
.
I thought this process was going to be relatively straightforward, but I
keep running into an astonishing number of inconsistencies like the
examples excerpted below. (I have triple checked and both systems are
definitely configured to use the same repositories):

< abiword-3.0.1-1.14.x86_64
< abiword-docs-3.0.1-1.1.noarch
---
abiword-3.0.1-54.3.x86_64
abiword-docs-3.0.1-31.2.noarch

< dia-0.97.3-65.2.x86_64
< dia-lang-0.97.3-65.2.noarch
---
dia-0.97.3-3.35.x86_64
dia-lang-0.97.3-3.35.noarch
'zypper if epson-inkjet-printer-escpr' yields the following on one
machine:
Repository : @System
.
IIRC, the installed version not available from a currently enabled repo.
.
Name : epson-inkjet-printer-escpr
Version : 1.6.13-1lsb3.2
Name : epson-inkjet-printer-escpr
Version : 1.6.4-1lsb3.2
Also, these inconsistencies aside (presuming this issue is going to be
solved,) does anyone have a proven fast and reliable way to replicate an
installed system on a parallel box without transplanting or imaging
drives or attempting something like rsync? These systems are not much
like each other from a hardware perspective, but I need the software
that's installed on them to be the same.
.
Yast2 sw_single [import|export] should make do what you want. Did you try?
.
All constructive comments and ideas will be appreciated and are welcome!

Your currently installed packages do not all match what's currently available
from your configured repos. Are either of these two installations updates from a
previous release rather than originally 42.2 installs? If yes, installed
packages could easily be higher version numbers even though older packages
surviving the upgrade process. Using zypper in with --from &/or --oldpackage, or
zypper dup, should be able to get one matched with the other, if repos truly
match.

From host hpg33 here:
# grep /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="openSUSE Leap 42.2"
# zypper lr
Alias | Name | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh
--------------+---------------+---------+-----------+--------
NonOSS | NonOSS | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes
OSS | OSS | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes
Packman | Packman | Yes | (r ) Yes | No
Update | Update | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes
UpdateNonOSS | UpdateNonOSS | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes
# zypper se -s ~abiword | dia | epson-inkj
abiword | package | 3.0.1-1.14 | x86_64 | OSS
abiword-docs | package | 3.0.1-1.1 | noarch | OSS
libabiword-3_0 | package | 3.0.1-1.14 | x86_64 | OSS
dia | package | 0.97.3-3.35 | x86_64 | OSS
dia-lang | package | 0.97.3-3.35 | noarch | OSS
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr | package | 1.4.0-4.4 | x86_64 | OSS

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/