[opensuse] Re: Latest "rfc's" package; local vs. net access...& convenience
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
http://www.ietf.org/download/rfc-index.txt
https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk/
----
Thanks, though the point was not how to find the latest rfc's, online,
but to find what the latest SUSE, rfc package I could install, locally.

That way I can use my existing 15-line script for local rfc's than
enhance it to include optionally download from an online location.

;-)

Though that brings up an idea: does anyone know of a user file
system that could provide online type access, as in:

less /url/http://www.ietf.org/download/rfc998.txt

(or using less with an htm filter):

less /url/http://www.ietf.org/download/rfc998.htm

Maybe a derivative one that only downloaded html-containing files

less /htm/...

or with page-requisites:

less /url-page/...

---
Too bad the linux-kernel doesn't follow POSIX rules and preserve
a leading '/' on a path like the NT-kernel allows, and you can run
stuff directly from the web, like:

(from the sysinternals page)
\\live.sysinternals.com\tools\<toolname>

Seems like a neat ability -- at least for stuff on a local net...
not sure about stuff from over the internet.

The text (from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default )
says:

Sysinternals Live <https://live.sysinternals.com/>

Sysinternals Live is a service that enables you to execute Sysinternals tools directly from the Web without hunting for and manually downloading them. Simply enter a tool's Sysinternals Live path into Windows Explorer or a command prompt as https://live.sysinternals.com/<toolname> or \\live.sysinternals.com\tools\<toolname>.

You can view the entire Sysinternals Live tools directory in a browser at https://live.sysinternals.com <https://live.sysinternals.com/>.

Hmmm... It "used" to work... tried it just now, and didn't hmmm...
Maybe my proxy is blocking it or something...