Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 23:57:17 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-06-24 13:42, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

With a normal imap server Thunderbird can still do it: move
automatically email from one folder to another. But not if you need
each of those six clients to do the correct sorting - unless there
is a way for Thunderbird to store the set of filters remotely and
retrieve it. There might.

It's called sieve. Dunno if TB has a suitable client.

Not what I mean :-)

I mean a method for Thunderbird to store some of its configuration
files remotely, so that it behaves the same way running Th on
different computers.

A TB specific method?? Nah, sieve is the answer.

Pine can do it on a faked imap folder, I read somewhere.

Maybe oak and fir too. :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.6°C)