Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
On 06/23/2017 05:54 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
Then just use any Imap client to access it and you get good filtering, spam
catching.
and organized mails, all properly flagged.
John,

What do you do in Thunderbird to better leverage the "Important" label
that gmail has.

I shut off google's automatic Important setting. (in Gmail Control Panel).

I substitute my own filters in gmail "filters and blocked messages" tab,
to either star it (which allows it to remain in the "folder/label" but still be
highlighed,
or mark it as important which also puts it in that same important category.

I never let gmail decide important.