[opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is author's choice; is problem if done by list-software
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Most people here do not want both replies, direct and on list. Some will
get angry if they do.

It is very simple to notice when you have been replied to in the mail list.
It's simple to notice that you are the one I am replying to.

If this was a group discussion, in person, and one person spoke up and
said something, and you replied, would you:

1) ignore that person, but answer to what they said facing the
rest of the group

2) acknowledge, or face that person when you are replying to
what they said and look at others when you added to your response.

If you say "1", I'd say you are incredibly rude to ignore
who you are responding to. it's natural in human communication
to look at/acknowledge who you are responding to. If you add
to your response (as many do), you also look around at others in
the group.

Why would someone think a written communication is so different?