[opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is author's choice; is problem if done by list-software
Basil Chupin wrote:
Tuff bananas. Why should _I_ have to watch every post when I may want to
respond to it in private to make sure that it is being correctly
addressed as a private post?

You are joking, right?

"Why should you need to watch where you send things in order
to have them go where you want them to go?"

Is that really what you are asking or am I misunderstanding something?

Don't you usually need to look up someone's phone number when
you call them (unless you have it on per-person speed dial).

With email, I'd assume you'd have anyone you want to write to,
in private, on some local alias controlled by you -- certainly
not some function control.ed by other people.

How often do you expect to control the email or
return addresses in email authored and
controlled by other people?