Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 13:42:44 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-06-24 01:52, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know how to resolve that as it has been a few years since I
worked with Thunderbird/Gmail.

For Thunderbird it is probably best to retrieve all and sort
locally. In fact, trying to open my "opensuse" label takes ages.

So many ages at 115% CPU that I had to close Thunderbird, then kill
the remaining windoless process.

I suspect I use too many different computers during the course of the
day for that to work smoothly.

I can think of 6 I might access email from on any given day.

Then you need sorting at the imap server.

With a normal imap server Thunderbird can still do it: move
automatically email from one folder to another. But not if you need
each of those six clients to do the correct sorting - unless there is
a way for Thunderbird to store the set of filters remotely and
retrieve it. There might.

It's called sieve. Dunno if TB has a suitable client.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.2°C)