Re: [opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is author's choice; is problem if done by list-software
On 2017-06-24 04:09, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-23-17 21:56]:
On 2017-06-24 02:59, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
[...]
and the "Reply-To:" header you picture was from the list software, not my
email client. and I do have the original.

No, that was a private message. See the "To:". So you don't have the
original, either.

since I was specifically mention, I assume he is referring to my response
post which I do have the original.

No, the photo has a "From" that is not you.

I also understand that I can specify in the msg body that the message is
private, but unless I ensure it goes only to the intended recipient, it
certainly does not remain private. it is *my* responsibility if I intend
to post privately that I do so, no matter what the content/context of the
msg body.

You don't understand.

Someone sends a private, off list, message, and says so in the body. Yet
there is a reply-to header in that post message that makes the reply to
that post go, unintentionally, back to the mail list, in public, unless
you happen to look carefully, edit the "To:" header and write, manually,
the address of the private recipient.

Yes, error is human, I know. But it has happened more than once ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.