Re: [opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is author's choice; is problem if done by list-software
On 2017-06-24 02:46, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 23/06/17 22:24, Billie Walsh wrote:

What a number of people also do -- and this annoys me greatly -- is to
reply to a post from me to this list, or other lists, by sending their
response to the list as well as to my private address; therefore I
receive _two_ copies of the same message. I have most politely asked one
person to desist from this practice but, alas and alack, he still
persists with the practice... :-(.

And some, like Greg or Linda, want that duplicate :-)
I can not remember who wants what, so I ignore that and send only to the
list for everybody, sorry.

About getting duplicates... doesn't bother me in the least. I have a
procmail rule that moves them to another folder that I seldom (like once
a year) look at.

Anyway, sending a duplicate breaks gmail handling, because they have an
automatic and non optional rule that deletes the duplicate post, which
willl always be be list post, being slower than the direct post.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.