Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
On 06/23/2017 06:40 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Many people fetch from whatever accounts to a local host using 'fetchmail',
pass
though a very customized and well tuned 'spamassassin,

In relative terms, no.

An infinitesimally small percentage do this.
A very small REAL number of people do this.
You probably find 98% of them hanging out in linux mailing lists, where they
still
make up .05% of the list members.

You and I do it and perhaps some more of us here. But for how long?
I basically have no real need to do this anymore other than one big client
sends me some things that have confidential data for their clients.
But even that requires encryption, so given that it doesn't matter
if the mail sits on a google server or comes direct to me.

So I may just hire Google to handle all the mail one day, and retire
my Postfix/Cyrus/spamassassin operation one of these days.

Google is FAR more flexible than I could ever muster. Far far more.
And I can't exactly say my mastery of spamassassin has been successful.
Yes I kill off a lot, but everyday there are 200 to 400 questionable
spams that need inspection.