Re: [opensuse] KDE locks up on 42.2
On 18/06/17 01:27, James Knott wrote:
I've noticed that my desktop frequently locks up recently. I can only
get going agian by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace a couple of times and
logging back in. Is this a new "feature"?

What I have found, James, is that at random times some app. I am using
stops working and I get the (error) message that 'kwin has stopped
working. Do you want to restart application or want to report this
problem' -- or words to this effect. From memory this occurs when I am
closing the app.. I have never experienced this in all the many years I
have been using openSUSE until now in Leap 42.2.

As I said, this is a random occurrence and not reproducible on demand.
If my memory (such as it is) serves me right, I did look in the logs but
didn't see anything to indicate such a failure of Kwin.

Oh, I am using KDE as the desktop, using the nVidia driver which I
always compile myself, and this is on a desktop computer (16GB of RAM,
8-core AMD CPU) and not a laptop (which I rarely use).

BC

--
Government has become a committee for managing the affairs of the rich.