Re: [opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is author's choice; is problem if done by list-software
On 23/06/17 21:55, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
[...]
What a lot of goobly-dook.

In Thunderbird one has to _deliberately_ use the Reply To Address field
which, by default, is 'blank'.

If I find that there is one more instance of having a private post
turning up in this public list then I shall simply and immediately send
all posts from that person to the poo-poo bucket.

(And now, of course, every Tom, Dick, and Harry will activate the 'Reply
To' option. Patrick, I will watching your posts very carefully :-) )
good luck. I firmly believe list traffic should *only* go to the list
unless specifically requested otherwise.

What did you just say? Ah, "unless specifically requested otherwise".
Typing in words at the beginning of a msg which state, "Private, off the
list msg", or pressing the "Reply" icon and not the "Reply To List" or
"Reply To All" icons doesn't fall within this condition you just mentioned?

no, what one types in the msg body does not affect on it's intended
delivery.

and the *Reply* options still depend on whether "Reply-To:" is set or
empty.

OK, look everybody, I think this whole thing has gone far enough and for

long enough.

Attached is the copy of the Header (part of, ie) of Anton's post which

started this discussion. Now, Patrick, how does what Anton sent me hold

up to what you said above? Anton sends me a PRIVATE msg -- it is not
addressed to me with a CC: to the list or vice-versa -- and so I press

the Reply icon in my Thunderbird but my reply is sent to the list.

why didn't you just add text to the post instead of attaching a large
wastful picture?

and the "Reply-To:" header you picture was from the list software, not my
email client. and I do have the original.

me

with

a C