Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 20:54:50 -0400
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 5:47 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gmail can build you just about any folder structure you want
and manage it reliably. It can flag mail as important if your name appears
in the body. It can enforce Plonk lists too.

Then just use any Imap client to access it and you get good filtering, spam
catching.
and organized mails, all properly flagged.

John,

What do you do in Thunderbird to better leverage the "Important" label
that gmail has.

In the WebUI when I'm in the Inbox, I get all the emails labelled
"important" and "Inbox" at the top of the Inbox. (That's the only
place it works.)

In Thunderbird, when I go to the Important label I get everything with
that label. Thus I'm seeing emails from this thread in that folder.
I've gotten very used to the way the gmail interface organizes that.

Can I recreate that function in Thunderbird?

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by