Re: [opensuse] Re: KDE locks up on 42.2
On 06/23/2017 06:22 PM, John Andersen wrote:
Are you sure you are up to date on KDE updates?
This use to be common, but its been months since this has happened.

You can usually do Alt-F2, then type into the little window:
killall plasmashell & kstart plasmashell

I am familiar with that and even wrote a script to do it. However, this
problem is much more recent and pressing Alt-F2 doesn't do anything. The
only thing that gets me out is to shut KDE down entirely and log
back in. However, it's only the desktop that locks up. Any running
apps keep running. And I can even use NoMachine, from another computer,
to access a Windows 10 virtual machine, even though I can't switch to it
from my Linux desktop.