Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
On 06/23/2017 03:36 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
My 'machines' are a PC and a pile of mobile devices. The crap mail readers on
the mobile devices are my problem. Clouding them doesn't help.

Ah, but it does. ("Cloud" can be yours or theirs, that's not the point. Don't
get sidetracked.)

Centralized filtering, sorting, spam-catching, plonking and tagging for all
MUAs - good ones
or crap ones, is one of the big advantages of centralized imap. Who wants to
put all those
rules into a finicky phone?

And google's capabilities are very good for that even if you NEVER read your
mail at the web browser.

If you are using your own mail server and something like sieve and imap its the
same outcome.

With Gmail, you have a powerful sorting, tagging, and filtering engine with
near perfect spam
detection free of charge for all the email that is non-sensitive.

All my mailing list traffic goes to one or more gmail accounts. (I believe I
have 7 now. I should
really cut back).

My local in-office mail server does all my business stuff. Google and Tbird do
the rest.