Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
On 23/06/17 05:52 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 06/23/2017 02:31 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
I do have a gmail account but I read it via Thunderbird/IMAP, so, once
again, I
only see the headers and I can apply all the power of Thunderbird to do
sophisticated filters and tagging.

I too read with Tbird. But its much eaiser to set up the filters and sorting
using Gmail's crap interface, and not have to dick around with that in tbird
on each machine you use. Just built the filters, folders, etc in Gmail's web
interface, and access the folder structure via Tbird imap.

It has a flavour of "six of one//half a dozen of the other".

My 'machines' are a PC and a pile of mobile devices. The crap mail readers on
the mobile devices are my problem. Clouding them doesn't help.

When I had more than one desktop I made use of many key items on a NFS server.
I recall Microsoft has a jazzy term for this "log in anywhere and get your
workspace available via a Share", thing that sun was doing with mounting
/home/<user> at login. We can do that today easily with PAM
http://pam-mount.sourceforge.net/
And more to the point, that /home/$USER can be encrypted.