Re: [opensuse] Compartmentalization for list message management
On 06/23/2017 02:05 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23/06/17 03:25 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
It is very simple to notice when you have been replied to in the mail list.
Is it?

I have to remember I asked a question then search for the subject of
the email to see if there were any replies.

I find it annoying not to be on the To/Cc line so I could filter those
emails a being for threads I'm participating in.

Ah.
I perceive, Watson, that you amalgamate all your main into one 'folder'.

No, but I do have all the opensuse mailinglists I subscribe to going
to one folder.

Why?
By your own admission this isn't working for you. What ever package you
are using can certainly filter better than that.

/me peeks at Greg's email address... Gmail !!!
FCS!!! Gmail can build you just about any folder structure you want
and manage it reliably. It can flag mail as important if your name appears
in the body. It can enforce Plonk lists too.

Then just use any Imap client to access it and you get good filtering, spam
catching.
and organized mails, all properly flagged.

I don't routinely count them, but it seems like well over 100 emails a
day from all of those. If I ignore that pile for a couple days, it is
simply too big to get through in any detail and thus I'm sure I miss
relevant emails on threads for which I'm participating.

The "reply-all" button is a tried and true solution that allows
filtering based on thread participation.

And the Reply List button is convenient as well.
(Other than its not all that common - but Tbird has it, and I try to use
it.
When replying on my phone I don't always have this and I just use
He barks, but he's not that dangerous.