[opensuse] Re: Use of "Reply-To" by author is author's choice; is problem if done by list-software
Billie Walsh wrote:
On 06/23/2017 05:14 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

I have Thunderbird set to automatically include my address as a reply to. Several other people do also.
---
The default is to always send a copy to the person you are replying
to. That default is *required* by email "standards" (RFC's).

When I'm replying to a list message and the sender has a a reply to set I remove the senders address. [ most of the time ]
---
You don't want the original note-writer to see or respond to your
reply? That's what /can/ happen (and sometimes /does/ if you delete
me off a "Reply-To" list).
Like many or most net-denizens that get a fair amount of email,
I "pre"-filter my incoming email into folders before I even open
a mail-reader (some use procmail, I use a perl-script predating
a reliable procmail). My email filters, look mostly at "To/Cc" and
"From" headers.
If an email has me in the "To/Cc" line it is delivered to a "ToMe"
folder, as it's addressed to or a response to me. It is checked
nearly everytime I check email.
If an email is addressed to "some-list" I'm on, it goes
that list's folder. They are checked on a "time_available"
and "list-interest" basis. Example being
"Opensuse_Info+Drama" ranking higher than "Sewing_&_Knitting",
but less-than "Fav-Anime_News".
OF NOTE: When "time_available < 0" : SKIP.

---
So I'm more likely to see an email addressed "to me", and,
usually, in less time.

-l