Re: [opensuse] Again, trying to find a suitable video editor - Avidemux: how to remove commercials in the middle
On 20/06/17 12:49, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I just found on the ffmepg mail list that avidemux has a cute hidden feature: you can remove sections in the middle, not just the start and end cuts.

Just define a region from A to B that you want to remove. Then go to Menu/Edit/cut. The section goes instantly! You can repeat for as many sections as needed, apparently. Finally, do "Save" to apply it all.

Works in versions 2 and 3.

However. With my source video in version 2, I got a video with the audio taken from one of the removed sections, so totally out of sync. With version 3 I get no audio whatsoever.

Haven't tried it myself, but just saw this pop up on OMG Ubuntu. I'm hedging my bets that it won't do what you need, because ...

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/06/curlew-gtk-media-converter-gnome-desktop