Re: [opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set? (& hope no one is logged in via WiFi)
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 12:58:09 +0200

On 2017-06-22 05:22, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
21.06.2017 23:42, Dave Howorth пишет:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 19:44:30 +0300
Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

21.06.2017 19:20, Dave Howorth пишет:

It's not just opensuse. It behaves that way on Ubuntu and
Scientific Linux as well. It also applies to different users on
the same machine unless you isolate them with -no-remote.

Firefox looks for another instance on current X server. Normally
only one user at a time has access to it so I would be surprised
if it applied to different users by default.

Just su to another user on a normal opensuse desktop and then try
to open firefox.

I get another firefox process running as another user.

Yes, so do I.

So do I today (oops, embarrassed) It definitely didn't use to be that
way, so I don't know what has changed. I used to [try to] run different
versions of firefox as different users and always had to use -no-remote
but maybe I no longer need to.