Re: [opensuse] Tape Drive Trouble
On 22/06/17 20:47, Greg Freemyer wrote:
Paul,

The only other thing I can think of is SE / LVD / HVD compatibility
(or lack thereof).

SE - Single Ended
LVD - Low Voltage Differential
HVD - High Voltage Differential

Especially for the new drive are you sure it is the same as your
controller. Basically the controller and everything it talks to
should be SE exclusively, or LVD exclusively, or HVD exclusively.

It's been a few years since I worked with SCSI routinely, but I don't
think there is any compatibility between those varieties at all. You
just have to buy all compatible devices.

Did you take that into account when you bought the new tape drive?

Greg

Yes I did. My controller and all tape drives are all LVDS