Re: [opensuse] plasma 5 settings in Leap 42.2
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 00:58:34 +0200, gumb wrote:
On 18/06/17 22:33, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Thank you for your detailed answers.

[SNIP]

I type there "keyboard" and only the settings which have "keyboard" setting
options remain black, others become gray. If I want to filter for another
word, I have to delete the content (the word "keyboard") of the filter box
manually. There used to be a small icon (x) next to the filter box and clicking
it emptied the filter box. Plasma 5 doesn't have this small icon.

It shows as soon as I begin typing something in the box.

Thanks, I see it.

Before I send screenshots I want to be sure that I have an official
clean plasma 5 installation, to make sure that KDE4 or KDE3 packages are
not interfering with plasma 5. Therefore I installed a new openSUSE
Leap 42.2 with minimal X configuration and some gtk/gnome stuff.
Before I install KDE/plasma I want to know how to do it or what to
install. I have only the following repos enabled:
10 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Non-Oss
11 | repo-oss | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Oss
14 | repo-update | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Update-Oss
15 | repo-update-non-oss | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Update-Non-Oss
1 | Packman | Packman

The repos are correct but, again from some vague recollection that I
may have confused, I seem to remember that whilst your method may have
been fine in the past, a discussion a while back suggested adding
KDE/Plasma on top of a minimal installation with current openSUSE
could be problematic. Perhaps it doesn't provide all the hooks that
assure a smooth Plasma experience.

OK, I installed KDE desktop environment and Plasma 5 Desktop patterns.
This haven't included kdm, I have to install it separately.
It seems I have I have now a KDE plasma 5 desktop, with
kdm4 login/desktop manager. I couldn't find plasma 5 login manager.

Here are some some questions (old and new) with screenshots:

- Task manager tooltips are way too big. Can I make them smaller?
The best woold be a simple one-line tooltip with text only.
http://www.susepaste.org/30175148

- Add panel widgets is way too big and wide too. Can I set it to show
smaller icons/boxes?
http://www.susepaste.org/54474249

- Old, well structured start menu categories are missing.
There are no submenus where used to be. For example multimedia
menu used to have several submenus like Volume manager, Video
Players, Audio Players, Audio Editors etc.
http://www.susepaste.org/44747970

- How can I turn off translucency for switch user?
(Translucency for windows is turned off already.)
http://www.susepaste.org/21234547

- How can I disable Alt+F2 search box sticking to the
upper edge of the screen?

- Configure desktop (start menu/settings/configure desktop) and
dolphin file manager (start menu/system/dolphin) are not added to
recent application ins start menu? How to make them added to there?

- How can I set spectacle to save in jpeg/jpg as default, not png.

- How can I disable keyboard layout switch popup icon?
http://www.susepaste.org/26934915

Thanks,

Istvan