Re: [opensuse] konsole
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 19:07:34 +0200
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:

Op donderdag 22 juni 2017 18:14:30 CEST schreef Anton Aylward:
On 22/06/17 08:43 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
I've never had use for su apart from just switching users, I use it
every time I start my computer in konsole to have my first tab as
root in the same directory as my last session, my rpmbuild
directory. I've never been asked for a password by konsole

Never?
Not in any of the times you've used 'su"?

I would be very very worried f I was using a computer that let me su
to root, be it in regular command line VT or in an xterm or using
konsole without the use of the root password, unless I'd taken prior
measures, such as modify the PAM setting, for example.

Nice. Autologin and off we go, as safe as Windows XP :=). Sure this
needs manual interference. Stored the root password in kwallet?
A security rule: do not save the root password of a machine anywhere
on that machine.

You don't say. Does anyone actually do that?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (30.1°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.