Re: [opensuse] konsole
* Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> [06-22-17 09:42]:
[...]
I just tested su -p and it leaves out /sbin:/usr/sbin from $PATH maybe some
configuration on your machine makes su default to su -p. My su behaves
exactly as stated in the man page it allows me to chown root files though.
Up to date 42.2 system.

no, "-p" does not get you a login shell for root!

and *noone* said it did, you brought "-p" to the table. and there has
been no discussion of changing the owner of files. the recent part of the
thread is about the difference between "su" and "su -".