Re: [opensuse] konsole
On 22/06/17 08:43 AM, Dave Plater wrote:

Do you get asked for the password for eah of "su" and "su -"?
As user execute su and give required password, yes I'm asked for a password
going from user level to root level. If I'm logged in as root via su and I
execute su - I'm not asked for a password because I'm already root.

Obviously, but that's not what I asked.

Sorry, thypo, but I though it was obvious:

1. Log in as user.
This should be SHLVL=1. If its not, then something is very wrong.
2. Run "su". Do you get asked for password?
This should be SHLVL=2.
3. Log out of "su" back to user
4. Run "su -". Do you get asked for password?
This should be SHLVL=1.

I hope you do get asked for password @ #4