[opensuse] who is supposed to define SYSCONFIG when starting apache2?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 10:08:19 +0200
This morning I was renewing some certificates on a customer webserver
running Leap421. As usual this requires a restart - which suddenly
failed due to configuration issues. It seems some modules were not
loaded - proxy, proxy_http, filter - weird, the config hasn't been
changed for months. After some debugging I found this
in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:

# generated from default value of APACHE_MODULES
# in /etc/sysconfig/apache2
<IfDefine !SYSCONFIG>
Include /etc/apache2/loadmodule.conf
</IfDefine>

And the previous line:

# generated from APACHE_MODULES in /etc/sysconfig/apache2
Include /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf

is just gone.

I know Leap421 is no longer under maintenance, but this is a bit silly.
Wasn't this tested at all? BTW, it seems to be the same in Leap423.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.8°C)