Re: [opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set? (& hope no one is logged in via WiFi)
On 2017-06-22 01:13, L A Walsh wrote:
Dave Howorth wrote:

That's different -- as it finds the firefox on the running machine.

Carlos is claiming this works across machines -- something I've never seen.

And we have proven that it is correct. I posted links to explanations
and how it is done.

**remote control of unix mozilla**

[Borrowed from the 4.x x-remote doc]

«When Netscape Navigator is invoked with the -remote argument, it does
not open a window, but instead connects to and controls an
already-existing process. The argument to the -remote switch is an Xt
action to invoke, with optional arguments.»

«Remote control is implemented using X properties, so the two processes
need not be running on the same machine, and need not share a file system.»

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.