Re: [opensuse] Alien users?
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 19:32:59 +0200
Op woensdag 21 juni 2017 15:03:24 CEST schreef Peter Suetterlin:
Hi List,

no, not if one of you is an alien. Rather looking for users of the alien
package :D

I'm using it (well, want to) for converting some binary SDK libs from DEB to
RPM. Have done so before successfully, but now I'm hit by the debian
policy of having the 64bit libs in */lib/, so a plain convert doesn't work
(ldd won't find the propper libs).

Has anyone solved that problem already?

(I know I can stop the conversion in the middle, shuffle files around, edit
the spec file and run rpmbuild, but doing that for several files and for
each update of the SDK calls for some automatism...)

Thanks!

Pit

Met this issue a while ago. I used 'alien -g' IIRC . Must say it was a man-
page-experience.

-g, --generate
Generate a temporary directory suitable for building a package
from, but do not actually create the package. This is useful if you want to
move files around in the package before building it. The package can
be built from this temporary directory by running "debian/rules binary",
if you were creating a Debian package, or by running "rpmbuild -bb
<packagename>.spec" if you were creating a Red Hat package

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team