Re: [opensuse] Re: Where is default browser set? (& hope no one is logged in via WiFi)
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:07:04 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-20-17 23:07]:
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [01-01-70 12:34]:
On 06/20/2017 07:00 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Why don't you give up and recognize the truth?

It does NOT work that way for me. That's why.

I've tested on two different computers, one opensuse leap 42.2
the Other Manjaro.

Launching firefox and opening a file ALWAYS opens the file
from the ssh server. It never opens the file from the ssh
client.

I don't have two opensuse machines to test with to see if this is
just
some basdardized opensuse feature. Nobody else compiles it that
way.

Would you like me to send you a movie Carlos?

to run the firefox instance on a remote opensuse machine:
ssh to remove box
firefox -no-remote
opening /etc/hostname returns hostname of remote box

this also works:

add

MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1
export MOZ_NO_REMOTE

to your profile.

Maybe John has that sort of stuff in his profile, that would explain
why his setup reacts differently. I can only confirm the behaviour
Carlos has described, even across widely varying openSUSE's. To get
a remote firefox, I had to use '-no-remote' which gives me a much
slower firefox, the host machine is also indicated in the windows
title "Mozilla Firefox <@office34>".

It's not just opensuse. It behaves that way on Ubuntu and Scientific
Linux as well. It also applies to different users on the same machine
unless you isolate them with -no-remote.